Saturday, January 14, 2012

substance or drivel

I have so many thoughts running through my head.  Thoughts that should be put into words.  Amazing how those words seem to vanish when the fingers hit the keyboard. 

I am not a talkative or chatty person.  My friends have sometimes wondered why I am so quiet, and they ask me if I am OK.  Others have considered me to be secretive because I listen more than I speak, especially in a group.  Even in a group of friends who I trust and adore.  I consistently reassure them.

Where all those words that swim around in my brain, but don't get said out loud?  Perhaps better left unsaid. To speak, just to fill a gap, or to go on and on without really saying anything, seems like a waste of time and oxygen.

To listen is to learn.  To hear - really hear - is a gift the listener gives to the speaker.  

No comments:

Post a Comment