Wednesday, January 4, 2012

ahh, the end of the day

Is there anything more pleasing than shutting down the computer at work, and walking out the door?  Hopefully with some sense of satisfaction of good work done.

Solely by going home and shedding the work duds, the stress of the day vanishes, and a new vibrancy takes over!  It's like getting a make-over in 60 seconds or less.

I have long said that this world would be a kinder, gentler place if workers could have more 3-day weekends. 

This is not a complaint about working.  Rather, a statement about having more balance between work and play.  Work and rest.  Work and anything else that rejuvenates the spirit. 

  

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you on this one! I become a different (maybe happier?) person at 5 p.m.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree. I love my work but it is stressful and some days I want to quit. Coming home and immediately changing into my flannels signals that the good times are beginning. But, by good times, I only mean the relaxing, I can breathe times. On the nights when I have to go back out, i don't bother to change out of work clothes but then I feel as if I never got home. Never got the chance to breathe.

    ReplyDelete