Thursday, January 19, 2012

Adios Uncle Jim

My Uncle Jim has been in my thoughts a lot the past few days.  He was my dad's oldest sibling, and I always loved him.  He had a thick head of hair that he combed back in perfect, silver waves.  He had a crooked smile and shockingly blue eyes.  He had a bad knee, and he was always a little crooked when he stood up. When our families got together, he always spoke to me about things he knew were important to me.  He was a cowboy/rancher who loved his horses.

My dad was the youngest of seven.  He died six years ago, and there are only three siblings left.  My cousins and I see each other more often these days - at the funerals.

I am pleased that Jim has moved beyond the physical realm.  I hope he will send a signal to me from the other side - a message of love to the niece who is missing him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment