Wednesday, March 14, 2012

the walking drudge

I read Judy's blog about walking to work, and I so relate to feeling out of shape.

I know walking is good for body and soul.  It is achievable any time of day and it costs nothing but time, and a good pair of shoes.  So why do I avoid it so?  I like walking for about the first five minutes, and then I start thinking about all the other things I would rather be doing.

I have told myself that if I only walked three times a week, that is 300% more than I was walking before.  Who can argue with a 300% improvement!!  So I am giving it a good shot. 

I suppose walking to the Dairy Queen doesn't count.....

1 comment:

  1. Rae, my philosophy is that if you were going to go to Dairy Queen ANYWAY . . . then walking there DOES count :) PLUS, you don't have to feel guilty about what you eat there cuz you've exercised!

    ReplyDelete