Friday, March 30, 2012

sugar, or the lack thereof

I have had it!  I am tired of being a slave to sugar.  It grabs me like a stranger in a dark alley, and makes me do terrible things!

I am working on mindful eating, and it takes a lot of energy.  I am realizing how I often I eat food without thinking about it.  If it is there, I eat it.  I am trying to embrace the feelings of feeling hungry, and eating because my body needs nutrition, rather than eating simply because I like to, or because it tastes good. 

So, here's to mindfulness, in eating and all things.  Mindful of the moment, appreciating who I am, where I am, and what I am doing.  Here's to casting off the sugar albatross around my neck, and feeling more free to be my authentic self. 

1 comment:

  1. Man, I hear ya! Sugar has been a monkey on my back for years. Looking forward to hearing how it goes . . . who knows? Maybe I'll be inspired :)

    ReplyDelete