Saturday, October 27, 2012

No room for complacency

It is appalling to me that all these conservative men are spouting off about women's health. 

Rape is just one of the variety of ways to conceive?  A pregnancy caused rape is God's plan? 
OMG!  

Perhaps I am in a time warp, and it is really 1950.  Or perhaps, those men are truly from Mars, or I am truly from Venus.  What other explanation can make sense of these absurd statements?

In their private life, I care not what these far-right conservatives believe.  But these are men who are seeking public office, and are promising to "legislate" their private beliefs.  Without resistance from those who disagree with them, these men seek to impose their personal (and likely their religious) views on everyone.

I hope that women are paying attention, and will make their voices heard in the voting booth.  There is much to lose if we are complacent.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment